CUSHING is the leading Graphic Imaging & Construction Printing service in Chicago. Chicago based for 90 years, we are a close-knit, family run business with self-starting, multi-tasking professionals who are open to new technology, learning new skills, and working in a team atmosphere. CUSHING is known for developing and implementing innovative new industry technologies, with an excellent reputation in our market.
The Account Manager position is an outside sale role, under supervision of the Senior Staff. Account Managers are responsible for contributing to the Cushing “branded customer service look” for excellence, responsiveness, and customer loyalty. Responsible for prospecting and closing new business, managing customer requests and following up on leads provided.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Those denoted with an asterisk (*) are considered to be Essential Position Functions):
NEW BUSINESS (for which higher commissions are paid)
- Outside prospecting calls, lead generation and follow-up calls/visits to marketing program leads*
- Identify as the primary contact within key accounts, making personal contact with key personnel*
- Make phone calls and attend face to face meetings regularly*
- Qualify and converting incoming customer requests for pricing and other information*.
- Help build target lists for marketing to reach your clients/prospects
- Call clients and Potential clients we target with marketing outreach
- Attend networking events
- Maintaining, managing, and growing existing accounts
- Calling and visiting customers and potential new clientele*
- Site surveys and oversee larger installs*
- Appreciation Drops – referrals for new business
- Research new vendors for outsourcing new business where applicable
- Work closely with PM’s who are assigned to your projects, attend Zoom meeting updates
- Properly recording and following up on all activity.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Industry knowledge and experience as equally valid qualifier.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.*
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and convey poise, patience and professionalism under stress.*
- Must be able to call customers, occasionally, with unpleasant news and convey a professional and positive response.
- Must maintain a professional, friendly and positive attitude to serve customers (internal and external) in a timely manner.
- Requires excellent computer skills and experience with word processing, email, spreadsheets, internet and databases.
- At least 40% of time spent using a computer terminal.
If you are interested in this position, please send resume and salary requirements to Catie at email@example.com