- Printing Services
- Managed Print Services
- Solutions by Industry
- Portfolio and Case Studies
- About Cushing
‹ Back to All Blog Posts
America’s Printed Pastime
May 8, 2014
Boys of Summer
Although recent weather feels more like football season, it’s time to break out your favorite team’s jersey or hat, head down to the ballpark, and enjoy nine innings – Cubbies or Pale Hose.
Even if you’re not a diehard, there is something special about spring and taking in a ballgame. Beyond the crack of the bat, buzz of the crowd or 7th inning stretch, what better way to remember that magical summer day than bringing home a souvenir?
Four Scorecard and Seven Years Ago
As a kid, my Uncle would take me to Wrigley Field and we would buy a scorecard. What followed was that rite of passage of learning to keep score. I recall many K’s on those scorecards; typical Cubs. (really hope Theo has a plan). Oops, back on target.
As I got older, he would buy a program and I’d read about players before the game. This was how I would choose favorites for a particular season. (I was a big fan of Shawn Dunston and Ryne Sandberg.)
To this day, these are prominent memories and I realize that a lot of them involve printed media (not to mention the stacks of Donruss, Topps and Fleer cards taking up too much space in the basement). Or the scores of Score cards – remember that brand?
Whether a scorecard, program or ticket stub, there is some piece of printed material I was able to take home to remember that day.
7th Inning Stretched Canvas
Most material at today’s games can be printed by Cushing.
- We can print that purchased program: full bleed and saddle stitch it on our second floor.
- The scorecard? No problem, how about double sided card stock cut to a custom size?
- Those cool wall graphics on the outfield fences? Adhesive vinyl applied directly to the wall.
- Cutout of your favorite player to take a picture with? Our Zund cutter can carve that out.
- The team van driving through the parking lot with their logo wrapped on it. Yep, we can print and wrap your vehicle the same way.
Heading to your favorite stadium, take a look around. You will be amazed at all of the printed materials that fill up that ball park. Who knows, maybe you will come across something that sparks an idea for your next project.
If that’s the case, give Cushing a call and we would love to help bring that idea to life.
Enjoy your summer and go Cubs!