CUSHING is the leading Graphic Imaging & Construction Printing service in Chicago. Chicago based for 90 years, we are a close-knit, family run business with self-starting, multi-tasking professionals who are open to new technology, learning new skills, and working in a team atmosphere. CUSHING is known for developing and implementing innovative new industry technologies for with an excellent reputation in our market.
The Digital Operator is responsible for the careful operation of equipment to meet the Large Format reprographic needs of customers. This requires careful reading of orders, understanding the safe operation of equipment, and a customer service understanding of customer requirements and deadlines. In addition, the operator must have a thorough knowledge of the software required to control the equipment in his/her department. Operator also evidences a thorough knowledge of the company’s other production areas and a general grasp of the industry’s role in satisfying customer needs.
Duties and Responsibilities: Those denoted with an asterisk (*) are considered to be Essential Position Functions.
- Identify customers’ digital requirements with various file formats, i.e., TIFF, PDF workflow, native application files, etc.*
- Communicate with supervisors about best methods to complete customer’s requests to utilize various company resources, i.e. color requests, finishing needs, etc.*
- Experience with the software required in the department will give this operator the ability to troubleshoot the operation of such software*
- Operator can build job from various sources to send to output devices*
- Operator must be able to interface with the control devices for the equipment they operate*
- Opening print queues and/or setting up jobs to be printed*
- Operating equipment in a scan to file mode when required*
- Set up job parameters using the print device interfaces – either on equipment or through computer controls*
- Collect the output from jobs and collate, bind, package as required*
- Contact customers by phone as needed for clarification of job requirements*
- Correctly complete paperwork with each job*
- Consistently check for quality and accuracy of jobs*
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Shipping/receiving material
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- High School diploma required, plus minimum of two years experience on the job
- Verbal communication skills to interact with customers as well as supervisors, co-workers
- Computer skills to use basic office software, e-mail, internet, etc. in addition to excellent typing skills
- Thorough understanding of various file formats
- Understanding of file transfer techniques including FTP, files attachments, etc.
- Some lifting required, up to 50 lbs., Ability to work standing while operating the equipment
- Forklift experience preferred but not required
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to Catie at firstname.lastname@example.org