- Printing Services
- Managed Print Services
- Solutions by Industry
- Portfolio and Case Studies
- About Cushing
‹ Back to All Blog Posts
Custom Wall Graphics Galore
April 10, 2014
A Very Brief History of Custom Wall Graphics
Recently, we ran a poll to find out if visitors knew it was part of our service offerings.
More than half didn’t realize what they were or that we offered them.
Not long ago the idea of customized wall paper was reserved for affluent organizations. Sophisticated printers (and materials) have changed this and large format graphics are playing a larger role in how businesses brand themselves.
The ability to take a digital image, enlarge/enhance it and reproduce it on specialized materials has been simplified. Today materials run the gamut from matte surfaces to vinyl to translucent mounted films. Mounting direct-to-the-wall is not as complicated as it was 25 years ago. One-of-a-kind custom wall coverings are now within reach of any designer.
Why Consider Them?
- There’s no easier way to promote your brand visually in your workspace than to mount your logo, eye-catching graphics, or branded materials directly to the surface of your walls, doors or glass sidelights! Start up’s to traditional offices are taking a unique spin on their place of business.
- As younger professionals enter the workforce, they are seeking work environments which foster creativity. Custom wall graphics can also improve morale, at least during the colder times of the year.
- Showcase awards and highlight company services. Once your prospect visits, it is another aid in the sales cycle.
- Promote seasonal campaigns. Retail concepts are now using window or wall mounted graphics to promote offers on a quarterly or monthly basis.
- Graphics can be an arresting design element to draw attention or capture the imagination in large, soaring atrium spaces.
- Temporary or permanent signage no longer burns up entire budgets. Until recently, materials and inks required to make a permanent image that could be mounted, permanently or temporarily, at an affordable cost simply didn’t exist.
The unofficial sixth reason to consider custom wall graphics?
In the last 18 months, Cushing has worked on over 200 large format installations.
Have general questions on process, installation or best practices? We are certified trainers for these applications. You can also earn continuing CEU credits for designers who want to become proficient in their use. We offer group programs at our location or can come to your office – just give us a ring!
Whether decals, vinyl, or materials that can be repositioned on wall surfaces, when it comes to custom wall graphics, we have you covered.
Check out the images of some projects that we have printed recently to spark YOUR imagination!