CUSHING is the leading Graphic Imaging & Construction Printing service in Chicago. Chicago based for 90 years, we are a close-knit, family run business with self-starting, multi-tasking professionals who are open to new technology, learning new skills, and working in a team atmosphere. CUSHING is known for developing and implementing innovative new industry technologies for eighty years with an excellent reputation in our market.
Under supervision of Customer Service Supervisor and General Manager, Customer Service Representatives are responsible for contributing to the Cushing “branded customer service look” for excellence, responsiveness and customer loyalty. Responsible for job coordination between Production, Sales, Marketing and Accounting Departments and the timely completion of client work order requests. Also responsible for assisting in special projects for the Production Manager or the Sales Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as Sales – Production Liaison/Coordinator for our Clients.*
- Intake and coordinate incoming jobs via, internet, telephone, email and customer walk-ins.*
- Ensure customer satisfaction and that they receive their job and all related information in a timely manner.*
- Quote prospective jobs and any subsequent follow up, make necessary status updates and timely resolution of incidents.*
- Use and enter jobs into CushIQ software and respond to customers with order information and questions.*
- Monitor and manage jobs to ensure they are on schedule, running smoothly and reporting any problems to the Production Manager.*
- Purchase any specialty items required to complete jobs from outside vendors following our standard operating procedures.*
- Maintain a proper paper trail and documentation for all jobs including outsourced work and work sent to our RMX Network affiliates.*
- When incidents arise complete an incident report.*
- Aid the Sales Department in identifying and developing leads for new sales targets and new product lines.
- Attend sales and production meetings, as directed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required.
- At least 2 years of experience in customer service preferred.
- Industry experience preferred
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and convey poise, patience and professionalism under stress.
- Must be able to call customers, occasionally, with unpleasant news and convey a professional and positive response.
- Must maintain a professional, friendly and positive attitude to serve customers (internal and external) in a timely manner.
- Requires excellent computer skills and experience with word processing, email, spreadsheets, internet and databases.
- At least 50% of time spent using a computer terminal.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to Catie at firstname.lastname@example.org