Cushing is providing one $500 scholarship toward books and/or software programs to students pursuing a career in Graphic Design or design studies. The scholarship winner will also receive a printed portfolio of a “student” business card, resume and references. These will be useful for future job or internship searches!
Chicagoland has so many iconic landmarks. But not all of them have their own branding! To apply, put your creative and writing skills to the test. Create a logo to represent one of the following Chicago landmarks or choose one not listed that you think deserves a logo!
- The Bean
- Buckingham Fountain
- Water Tower
- Magnificent Mile
- Another landmark of the student’s choosing
Submit a brief 200-300 word summary, on who you are, your major, where you see yourself in ten years, and how the scholarship will make an impact.
- Deadline: August 15, 2021 (The winner will be chosen on September 1, 2021.)
- Please keep file sizes to 5 MB and lower.
- Accepted file types are: .jpg, .png. .pdf
- If you design a square logo, please use: 400 x 400 px
- Designing a Vertical logo? Use: 400 x 600px
- And if you choose to design a horizontal logo, please use: 600 x 400 px
- You must provide proof of enrollment at your school. Please attach a digital copy of any official correspondence with your school.
- Or a photo of your school ID.
Good luck and we can’t wait to see your submission!
Students retain the rights to their individual creative submissions. Cushing does not become the owner of the submissions. Please feel free to include submissions in future creative portfolios.